Monday, February 28, 2011

Problems in life or Life in your problems?

We all have our share of difficulties as we journey down life's path. Some are very minor and they seem to almost solve themselves while others shake us to the core of who we are.

Scripture tells us we will have our problems. In John 16:33 Jesus states this to us very plainly.

"In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world."

As I listened to a devotion being shared, the man stumbled on his words. Not known to him, his stumble actually caused the Lord to begin to speak to me. The man stated "do you have life in your problems?". Now what he was trying to say and what went along with his devotion was "do you have problems in your life?". I thought this was so profound. Here he had made a statement I would have never given thought to if he hadn't slipped up on his words.

This caused me to begin to search my heart, do I have life in my problems?

You see it causes there to be a responsibility I have in the situation that I didn't even know really existed. Often the difficulties of life can wear on us causing us to feel as though they are our master. But when I look at it in this new way, well, it's a whole new ball game!

I've been married for 20 years now. As I look back at the problems we faced as a married couple, there were times I didn't think we would ever see the light at the end of the tunnel. We have faced life changing problems! Tears of sadness, anguish and disappointment have not been strangers on our journey.

But looking back on those events of life I realize there was life in my problems! It was the creative and sustaining life force of our heavenly Father.

It is what made the difference in our situation every time. No matter if it was the loss of a job or loss of a loved one, life (God) was in our problem. It is why we are still standing today.

Are you at the place where you recognize if there is life in your problems?

Do you just have problems in your life?

Problems are not easy to go through no matter who you are or what they entail. However, when you add life to your problems, it changes your perspective because you know you are not in them alone.

Father,
Thank you for helping us get to the place where we trust you enough to include you in every area of our life. Help us to change our perspective on how we see things in life so even as we go through the rough parts of our journey you can receive glory through our choices and actions.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment